we airsoft battrey
1450MAH 11.1V 25C LIPO
What are LiPo batteries and why are they so popular in the airsoft world
LiPo batteries (short for Lithium Polymer) are a type of rechargeable battery that has taken the airsoft world by storm,
RC LiPo batteries have three main things going for them that make them the perfect battery over conventional rechargeable battery types such as NiCad, or NiMH.
- RC LiPo batteries are light weight and can be made in almost any shape and size.
- RC LiPo batteries have large capacities, meaning they hold lots of power in a small package.
- RC LiPo batteries have high discharge rates to power the most demanding electric motors.
There are a few down sides with RC LiPo batteries however; once again proving there is no perfect power solution.
RC LiPo batteries are still expensive compared to NiCad and NiMH, but coming down in price all the time.
- Although getting better, RC LiPo’s don’t last that long, perhaps only 300-400 charge cycles (much less if not cared for properly). That said, I have heard some people getting over 1000 cycles if all the rules are followed.
- Safety issues - because of the volatile electrolyte used in LiPo’s, they can burst and/or catch fire when mistreated.
- RC LiPo batteries require unique and proper care if they are going to last for any length of time more so than any other battery technology. Charging, discharging, and storage all affect the lifespan – get it wrong and a LiPo is garbage in as little as one mistake.